The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:4-9

Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger
- author unknown

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

S.A.R.

Samuel Austin Reed





things that you love:
  • God (and for that I am so thankful)

  • anything and i do mean anything STAR WARS

  • Sports.Sports.Sports. at the moment it is baseball but lately I have heard you humming the BAMA fight song, so soon it will be all about football!

  • legos

  • playing your DSi

  • you love your daddy but i think you love me lots too :)

  • Snacks

  • the beach (i've never seen a little boy love it so much)

  • you still and think you always will love your "lamby"

  • books and learning to read

  • going back to school (me not so much but SO glad you LOVE it)

  • being with your friends

  • pizza, krispy kreme donuts, cookies & creme milkshakes, strawberries

  • you are just "in LOVE" with the fact that you are a "luncher" at school this year

  • snuggling up in daddy & mommy's bed (anytime of the day, especially when you get home from school to rest a little and at night to watch the Braves play baseball)

  • The Atlanta Braves!! Brian McCann

  • you would LOVE to have a baby brother or sister (you talk about it still ALL the time and I so hope that prayer of yours and ours comes true someday soon)

you like:

  • a little girl Ali in your class... you talk about her all the time and you havent told me she is your "girlfriend" (thank goodness) but your granny sue asked about your class and that is how you classified Ali to her..

things you do not love:

  • being "bored"

  • being alone

  • getting ready for bed.... you are the best staller there ever was and can find more things to talk about to distract bed time

  • mexican food, i try my hardest to make you like it but you just dont and this one really bothers me :(

  • to lose

Sam, words I use to describe you:

  • sunshine

  • cheerful (your character award in kindergarten)

  • VERY outgoing

  • loving

  • caring

  • competitive!

  • eager

  • handsome

  • Energetic (i mean full of energy!!)

  • Smart

  • Super fast

  • becoming strong in your faith
  • friendly

words to describe how i feel about you:

  • thankful

  • blessed beyond words

  • proud

  • Love.Love.Love.

  • and more Love!

  • amazed

  • happy to be your mom

I love you bud! and I continue to realize with each and every passing day how truly bleSSed i am to be your mom!! God made you for me and daddy and how Amazingly Awesome is that!! I had the BEST summer with you and am missing you now that you are off to First Grade and gone all day!!


I love you forever, like you for always, as long as i'm living my baby you'll be!



The LORD bless you
and keep you;
the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.

Numbers 6:24-26

Love you~Mom

2 comments:

one BleSSed gal! said...

awww...this makes me want to cry. I typed something similar to this for one of my children, but have it saved for when I got around to doing one for the others, too. We must get our boys together! They have so much in common. In fact I think just about everything except for the fact that mine (THANKFULLY!) love some Mexican food :) What an awesome boy your S.A.R. is! And how lucky he is to have a Mama that loves him so & recognizes all those awesome traits!

Stephanie T said...

I LOVE this!!! I will need to steal it though...

:)