The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:4-9

Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger
- author unknown

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I never realized just how fast time would go....



Before having Sam I remember people telling me "when you have children time with them just goes so fast".... I never even came close to understanding at that moment.

Today was Sam's last official day of 1st grade. It seems as if I was just typing a post on him heading off to Kindergarten... We just get so caught up in our daily routines of ALL that has to be done that we forget to just stop and enjoy all of these bittersweet moments :( As I am tying this I think back to the days of Sam being a sweet little toddler...me being so proud of each new little thing that he learned to do...staying home all day just playing, watching playhouse disney, taking naps...play dates with friends...Oh, how I long to just go back to those days and just take each and every sweet little moment in. I never knew how fast it would go.

Now, I have the most handsome, tender-hearted, loving, smart little boy that is going into the 2nd grade. That seems so big!! He still has so much innocence and not a care in the world, so happy go lucky. Can I just freeze time?!?! He makes me beyond proud...my heart feels as if it could just burst sometimes when I think of how much I love him and how bleSSed I am. I always look forward to summer break and him being at home with me. We have so much fun making memories. Yet, this time of year always makes me sad... I think even more so than at birthday time. Its when you see how much they've learned and grown in that school year. Having to let go of another year, another teacher, and move on to another grade. Sam had an ABSOLUTE AWESOME 1st grade year at Bethlehem Christian Academy!! His teacher is AMAZING!! I know that Sam will always have memories of his year with her. I am so thankful that Chad and I listened as God led us to BCA and that we have stuck with it and not listened to our doubts. We will definitley be continuing on there next year and I know it will be another great year!!

This past Monday at BCA was 1st-5th grade awards night. Sam's awards were High Honor Roll for making Straight "A's" all year, Spelling Achievement for keeping a 100 average all year, bible achievement, and accelerated reading achievement. Chad & I were so EXCITED for him and he was beaming with smiles all night :)

Here are a few pics from that night :)















No comments: