The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:4-9

Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger
- author unknown

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sams first taste of hockey and more.......





Lets just say Sam is in LOVE with hockey! We took him to his first Huntsville Havoc game Sat. night and he thought that was the most awesome thing ever! Also it was the
Melissa George NICU fundraiser night, so we were so excited to be there for that!
Chad and I used to be true Huntsville Channel Cat fans back when we were just dating so being there brought up lots of great memories for us!

Anyways, Sam wanted to get down on the ice and skate, so I guess our next adventure will be to take him ice skating! He had pizza and sprite, got him a little hockey stick, a Chris George bobble head, his picture made with Chaos (the mascot), he just had the best night! The havoc won and it was a great game! When we got home, Chad gave him a hockey puck that he had and he was hitting it down the hall with his new stick, we couldnt even get him to bed without letting him do that a few times! He wants to know when are we going back???

What fun!!!


I was so glad we got to go to this game since it was the Melissa George NICU night!
I can only imagine in my heart what it must still be like on a daily basis for the George family, I know that it must be so hard yet on a night like that to see what their little angel is doing for so many other families that have to experience the NICU, what a blessing! Amy, I am so glad I finally got to meet you in person even though I felt as if Ive known you forever, your faith in God is amazing, thanks for being so sweet and sharing it through your blog http://amysbabyblog.blogspot.com! I am so glad the night turned out great for you and your family, that Chris got to play and have his jersey retired, and that so much money was able to be raised in Melissa's name. You and your family are truly a blessing to our community! Oh, and Sam has his Chris bobble head on his shelf and is so PROUD of it!


Sunday was my Maw Maw's 84th birthday and we had a great day with family at her house! I love you Maw Maw!!!! My mom, Maw Maw, and me
Maw Maw and Sam


Also we finally got a Wii, so Monday we stayed in since it was so cold and played all day, what fun we are gonna have with that, I will have to post some pics of that later!

It was a great weekend but yet a little discouraging, yet again I found out this wasnt the month we were to be pregnant. I just know Im meant to be a mommy to another baby. I cried till about 3 in the morning Sun. just asking God why? and I know I shouldnt do that!!!! Im trying hard to keep the faith and constantly remind myself, "Jennifer, in GODS time it WILL happen" I just felt like maybe this was gonna be the month and then came the let down. I know I have so much to be thanful for, I really do, but it's just so hard!

Hope everyone has a joyful and blessed week,

~Jennifer

2 comments:

Amy said...

Jennifer,
I am so glad we finally got to meet Saturday night! The minute I saw you, I recognized you from my blog. It's so nice to finally meet!

Thank you so much for coming to the game! And I am so glad that Sam had such a good time! My girls absolutely LOVE going to the games (and it's fun for me and Chris, too!).

Thank you for your support and prayers!! God bless you!

Amy

Lorie said...

Jennifer,
I commit to pray for you until that baby gets here!
Your weekend looked awesome!
Bless you Sweet girl!
Lorie