The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:4-9

Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger
- author unknown

Monday, April 20, 2009

Why couldnt have I thought of that?.?.?.

I have to share this wonderful birthday present I recieved yesterday. My aunt had been telling me about these new shoes for a while and I kept telling her I hadnt seen them anywhere. They are called switch flops www.switchflops.com. You buy a base pair and there are tons of different colorful straps that you just swap out, its velcro. How cool is that??? Here are the ones she got for me. She found them at the Hallmark store in five points. I love them!!!! Thanks Judy!! A girl in high school created these for a project and then her business began.... Why couldnt have I thought of that!!! Here are some pics of the ones my aunt got me and then a youtube video clip that shows you how they work. (dont forget to pause my playlist at the bottom)







So anyways yesterday was my birthday and unfortunatley I spent the day at home in bed with none the less "CRUD", allergies, sinus, whatever you want to call it but I felt horrible. Thanfully today I am feeling some better!! My little Sam is feeling better too and went back to school today. Although he is still having trouble hearing out of that ear that ruptured. I called his Dr again today and they say it's completely normal, give it till next week. So we shall see. Im just ready for us to all be well and stay that way!!!! So since we didnt really celebrate my anniversary last week or my birthday yesterday I am looking forward to doing that soon, maybe this next weekend???? Hint Hint Chad!!!

Have a great Monday!!



5 comments:

Stephanie T said...

So glad you are all feeling better!! I am SO going after those shoes!!

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry you were sick, that's no fun.

I love those flip flops I have not seen them anywhere up here yet. I will have to get some :)!!!!!!

Memaw Barbie said...

They have those at Across the Pond also. Reflections Home Furnishing had them too when they first moved into their new building. Not sure if they still have them tho. We have looked at them at market. They look comfy too. Blessings

one BleSSed gal! said...

i saw those @ Two Friends this weekend...super cute!

hope your week is going better & that you get to do some make-up celebrating! you definitely deserve it =)

Amy said...

Jennifer,
I haven't been able to get on the internet all week, so I'm just now reading your post. Happy belated birthday!!!! Hope you and Chad can have a real celebration soon!

Amy