The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:4-9

Our family is a circle of strength and love, with every birth and every union, the circle will grow, every joy shared adds more love, every crisis faced together, makes the circle stronger
- author unknown

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Jesus Calling


My friend Kera shared in this post that she had recently gotten a new devotional and loved it so much that she bought several more to give as gifts. Well I was already planning to go to Lifeway this week because I had plans to get Sam a new devotional (we have this same adventure bible for him and love it), so while I was there I went ahead and picked up the one Kera had recommended for myself. Its called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It was $11.99 at Lifeway, so not as cheap as you can get on Amazon but I wanted to go ahead and get it. When I checked out the lady immediately said you will love this! She also said she buys them and gives as gifts because its the best devotional ever. This made me so excited to get started on it that as soon as I got in the car I had to read todays devotion and knew I would read the others I had missed later. Can I just say WOW!!!
I will just share with you todays devotion:

January 6


I AM ABLE to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine. Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish. Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me. Do not be discouraged by the fact that many of your prayers are yet unanswered. Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust Me in the dark. The more extreme your circumstances, the more likely you are to see My Power and Glory at work in the situation. Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying, try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention. Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life.

Ephesian 3:20; Romans 8:6: Isaiah 40:30; Revelation 5:13

If you read this, it may or may not speak exactly to you in regards to something in your life and I hope that it will give you as much encouragement and hope as it did me. I was amazed and of course felt like it was speaking right to me!!! I also thought, how AwEsOmE is that... that was my first devotion of the year.... If you are looking for a new devotional to start this new year, I think this is gonna be a great one! I am so excited to see what God has in store for me this year, I just cant wait... and I hope and pray that he has great things in store for all of you!
Thanks Kera for sharing!!

1 comment:

boyMOM said...

This is what I LoVe about the "Blog World"...inspiration & encouragement!! Thanks for sharing! <3